On September 12-13, the Patient Access Partnership held the first Regional Conference entitled “Cooperation within the region: a way to improve access to quality healthcare in CEE”.
For a first time, delegates from more than 25 countries in Europe – policy-makers, representatives of healthcare institutions and patient, healthcare and trade associations, gathered to discuss challenges and discuss cooperation opportunities for improving access for patients to quality healthcare.
The PACT Regional Conference explored the following issues:
- Barriers to ensuring equal access to quality healthcare in CEE countries;
- Opportunities for cooperation between stakeholders within and between the countries from the region;
- Existing best-practice examples of cooperation between stakeholders;
- Possible actions to ensure better access to quality health services in the region;
- Existing and potential EU mechanisms to support national efforts to improve access